Beginning Sunday, May 24, 2020 we will gather for in-person worship at Mill Springs Academy at 10:30am!
If you have any hesitancy about attending in-person church, then you may watch our livestream. If you have been exposed to Covid-19, have a fever of 100.4 or above, have been sick, or feel sick, please stay home. At risk adults—especially those with preexisting medical conditions and anyone over 65 years old—should take extra precautions.
To provide a clean, safe environment, we are following guidelines from the CDC and the Georgia Department of Health (DPH). Some things will be different when you return to Grace Church. The following safety measures will be in place when we re-gather.
- Everyone who is comfortable may come for in-person worship.
- Anyone who is uncomfortable may join our live stream.
- Attending during the COVID-19 pandemic is a matter of individual conscience.
- Please do not invite people from other churches who may not be meeting yet.
Keep your distance
- Per CDC and DPH guidelines we will observe physical distancing.
- Chairs in the gym will be spaced apart and in clusters for families.
- Please refrain—for now—from handshaking, hugs, and holy kisses with people outside your household.
Worship and fellowship
- Arrive a little earlier than usual and make your way to a seat in the gym.
- Please do not gather in the lobby or create bottlenecks near the doors.
- At the end of the service immediately move outside for all fellowship.
- After the service feel free to linger and talk outside the building.
Masks and gloves
- Wearing a mask or gloves will be a matter of individual choice—not a requirement.
- Mask or gloves are your responsibility as we can only offer a limited supply.
Nursery and children
- Parents, please keep your children with you at all times.
- We are not providing nursery, childcare, or Sunday School for now.
- Parents, you are responsible for your children and their interactions.
- Bathrooms will be open, but we ask you limit use.
- Bathrooms will be closed 15 minutes after the service.
- MSA expects us to leave the bathrooms clean and disinfected.
Offering and communion
- Thank you for giving online during the pandemic.
- Please continue to give primarily online.
- Offering plates will be stationed at the platform.
- Communion elements will be distributed in a modified manner.
Cleaning and setup
- Thank you to those who volunteer to clean and to setup.
- Please show your appreciation for their hard work.
- Consider serving with us. We have multiple opportunities.
The Gospel Coalition recently shared an article entitled, “Church, Don’t Let Coronavirus Divide You.” As a matter of loving our brothers and sisters in Christ, please demonstrate love, patience, and humility toward each other when the new guidelines feel awkward, when people disagree, and when people make mistakes. One day soon we will look back over coronavirus and see how God grew our dependence on him and our application of the gospel.